We offer a variety of adult education opportunities at Grace, designed to increase understanding of the Bible, explore the relevance of scripture to modern day issues, celebrate the diversity of our congregation, and interact with one other to form lasting bonds.
Sunday School Classes: 9:30-10:30AM
- Genesis Class meets in the Wesley Room (downstairs). The Genesis Class examines passages and parables in the context of Jewish and Roman history and culture in first century Palestine, often with surprising revelations. The class is led by Tom Perkins.
- Bryan Chapel Sunday School Class focuses primarily on one book from the Bible at a time throughout the year and is currently studying Acts. This class is an open discussion with no right and wrong answers. Participants seek to listen to each other and discern how the scripture or book speaks to the present reality of God in the world and our response to God’s call. The class is led by pastors Judith Reedy and Les Chandler.
- Covenant Class Meets in the Conference Room. The class is a small group of active thinkers and participants. All opinions are considered and respected. The group has been meeting regularly for over 20 years looking at the social, relational, individual piety, and theological implications of our faith. Currently they are studying women in the Bible. The class is led Don Dillard.
- The Explorers: Fellowship Hall (downstairs) Each week we discuss a different TED Talk which we watch in advance. We will look at Biblical and spiritual implications of each topic. This class is facilitated by members. If you are interested in joining this study, please email Eric at – email@example.com or reach him by phone at – (214) 824-2533.
- English/Kirundi Class taught by Bill Claxton and Jean Ntakabunimvo. Study of scripture and theology, Meets in the parsonage adjacent to the church.
Weekly Bible Studies
- Pastor’s Bible Study, open to all, meets every Wednesday from 10:30 am to 11:30 am in the Wesley Room.
- Ecumenical Bible Study meets every Monday from 6:30 to 8pm. Books of the Bible are chosen to reflect on for extended periods of time. This study is a partnership with East Dallas Christian, The Bonhoeffer House, and Grace UMC. Meets at the Bonhoeffer House in Grace’s former parsonage.
Grace Covenant Groups meet twice per month. These are groups of no more than 6 to 8 of the same adults who focus on discipleship and spirituality. The time and meeting place is decided by each group. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining a group.
- Church and Society and the Reconciling Ministries Task Force
- Welcoming Team
- United Methodist Women
- Staff Parish Relations
- Administrative Council
- Project Transformation Connect Team
In addition, Grace hosts lectures, seminars, and screenings throughout the year covering a variety of topics relevant to 21st century Christianity.